Are you struggling to grow your auto sales? Are you struggling to find newer and more innovative ways to reach and sell to today’s informed car buyers?
Earlier this year Cox Automotive released their 2018 Car Buyer Journey study providing greater insight into how consumers now purchase cars in today’s digital and mobile-orientated economy. Some of the most notable aspects include where consumers now start their buying journey and where in ends. Of these findings include the following:
- CAR BUYERS NOW SPEND 60% OF THEIR TIME ONLINE
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT: Most car buyers are now informed buyers and no longer need to visit a car lot to begin their buying journey. If the majority of their buying time is online, this will have the greatest impact on their buying journey road ahead before they decide on which brand and models to consider and which dealers to visit.
- THIRD-PARTY SITES ARE THE MOST-USED SITES (BY 78% OF CAR BUYERS) FOR ONLINE CAR SHOPPING AND THE MAJORITY OF BUYERS NOW START ON THIRD-PARTY SITES AND END AT A DEALER WEBSITE
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT: Most car buyers now trust third-party sites and now find them more valuable in their buying discovery process than what they can find on a dealer’s website. Since only 1 in 3 cars buyers know which vehicle they want to purchase when they start the buying journey, they find third-party sites more useful in helping them to narrow down their choices and options before they visit dealer websites for more details.
- ONLY 1 IN 3 CAR BUYERS KNOW THE EXACT VEHICLE THEY WANT TO BUY WHEN THEY START THE SHOPPING PROCESS
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT: The majority of consumers simply DON’T START OUT knowing which car they need or want which means that the best time to influence them in the buying process is as early as possible – especially online!!
- THE MAJORITY OF BUYERS ARE GOING BACK TO DEALERSHIPS AND BRANDS THEY HAD PREVIOUSLY BOUGHT FROM
WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT: Most car buyers remain loyal customers so it is important that you stay in contact with them for future purchases – especially online when they are likely to start their buying journey all over again.
To help address these issues we developed FunnelPoint Auto which now allows dealers to sell more cars and services by:
- Reaching and influencing car buyers online BEFORE and AFTER they begin their car buying journey
- Profiling and capturing customers based on geography, demographics, online activities, and buying behaviors
- Creating greater awareness around dealer specials, model clearances, rebates, service offerings, and much more
- Telling and selling the unique story of your dealership using our Emmy Award-winning talent and Brand Journalism
- Reaching more consumers using their new preferred form of content: platform-specific and professional videos
If you would like to learn more about how FunnelPoint Auto can help your dealership grow your sales to new levels, contact us today for a free video marketing analysis tailored to the goals and needs of your car dealership.